As an Official Veterinarian you will be responsible for the technical leadership and performance of the Eville & Jones onsite inspection team. Key responsibilities will include:
• Assessment of food chain information
• Conducting ante-mortem inspection of animals for slaughter
• Verification of animal welfare compliance
• Conducting post mortem inspection and health marking
• Verification of slaughter hygiene standards, FBO traceability systems and food safety management systems
• Assessment of and decision making in relation to food chain information, live animals, animal welfare and meat
While no experience is necessary, applicants must meet the following criteria:
· A minimum of IELTS level 4 (CEFR B1)
· Veterinary degree
· Registration with RCVS or eligibility to register
· Category B driving licence
We are looking for Official Veterinarians to work in a number of locations across the UK. The role offers a base salary £30,000 a year together with an excellent range of benefits including:
· Company car
· Mobile Phone
· Processing the Registration with Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (RCVS) and covering your membership fee
Eville & Jones is the leading provider of out-sourced official veterinary controls throughout Europe.
Our staff deliver audit, verification and enforcement services in the fields of animal health, public health and animal welfare.
The company has a wide range of skills and expertise contained within its personal base: employing over 700 staff ensures that most skill requirements can be met directly from within the team.
The company strives to provide the best service for it employees and this is testament to the core loyalty and commitment that the company engenders.
Many of the key staff are recognized as being industry leaders and are well connected to key decision-makers throughout Europe and further afield. The strength of the company lies in the core capability and competence of its staff and the management team.