About the Company
This is an exciting opportunity to work with a growing global telecoms company based in Croydon, Greater London. with POPs globally located.
Reporting to our System Administrators, the primary responsibility of the role is to monitor, maintain, and performance tune our various production databases while ensuring high levels of data availability.
Configure MySQL stored procedures and installing multi homed MySQL installations - including cross country replication, triggers and managing backups.
The individual is also responsible for overseeing database policies and procedures to ensure the integrity and availability of the databases and their accompanying software.
The Database Administrator will also support the application development team in the creation and maintenance of data table structures, queries and stored procedures.
• Strong understanding of database structures, theories, principles and practices.
• Working technical experience with designing, building, installing, configuring and
• Supporting database servers, in particular MySQL;
• Configure MySQL stored procedures and installing multi homed MySQL installations –
• Including cross country replication, triggers and managing backups.
• Responsible for overseeing database policies and procedures to ensure the integrity
• Availability of the databases and their accompanying software.
• Support the application development team in the creation and maintenance of data table
• Structures, queries and stored procedures.
• Database tuning and troubleshooting.
• Monitoring tools such as MySQL Enterprise Monitor and Query Analyzer.
• Hands on database tuning and troubleshooting experience, including the use of monitoring tools such as MySQL Enterprise Monitor and Query Analyser
• Knowledge of high-availability database architectures, in particular failover, backup policies and replication
• monitor, maintain, and performance tune our various production databases while ensuring
• high levels of data availability.
The candidate will be required to work from the London Croydon Office in normal working hours.
With over 15 years’ experience, the Asergis Group has a proven track record in the telecoms’ industry. We take great pride in what we do and we combine a wealth of global expertise and first-rate customer care to offer competitively priced products and services.
Furthermore, we have partnered with some of the world’s leading communication specialists to develop a range of services and products that are second to none.
Spanning the commercial communications spectrum, our range of services include, Audio Conferencing, Interactive Voice Response (IVR), Asergis Number Service (Toll and Toll Free), Hosted IP EPBX, and VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) in addition to a number of other services.
In today’s fast paced and global environment, effective and effortless communication is a must. Asergis is here to help. Our one-stop shop can take care of all your communication needs.