Truth is: we need a swiss-army-knife hero.
You'll be our front end guy/gal, working with a wide range of customers from different countries, with different activity backgrounds united by XWiki. They would need your technical support skills on the XWiki based solutions we created for them. You'll also help thousands of people by writing professional documentation to guide them in the proper use of our (awesome!) products.
* Provide support and technical solutions to our customers (via our customer portal, mail, instant messaging, phone or conferencing)
* Work with our development teams to solve the issues reported and provide the clients with the status on the development steps
* Report or dispatch tasks on complex issues
* Write technical documentation for our products, but also for common issues and procedures, both in English and in French
* Develop applications for company internal use
* Contribute to the development of our product based on feedback received from the customers
Required technical skills:
* Familiarity with databases and good programming experience
* Good understanding of the software development cycle (requirements, specs, design, testing, deployment, maintenance, etc.)
Other expected skills:
* Experience with bug-tracking tools (Jira, Bugzilla, etc.)
* Knowledge of web server configuration (Apache Web server, Servlet containers)
* Spoken and written English and French skills that allow a fluent communication with both our customers and our international team
* A previous experience in writting technical documentation in French and English is a plus
* Competitive salary and bonus policy
* Work with high skilled people, within the values of Open Source Culture
* Flexible working hours
* Travel and growth opportunities
The way we work:
XWiki SAS is a company with the main office registered in Paris, France. It is as of March 2009 fully owned by 12 of its employees, many of them being committers of the XWiki Software.
We put a high emphasis on education and constant development, as well as on expressing creativity. When joining the company you will be assigned an unofficial mentor who will guide you through your first steps at XWiki. Internal trainings are organized periodically. We also help our employees accommodate school classes into their schedules by providing them with flexible working hours and even reducing workload if necessary. So even if you're a student, you may still join our team, provided you're a hard worker and your skills match our current openings.
At XWiki our team is our greatest asset and therefore we strive to recruit only the best talent. We look for highly motivated, skilled and autonomous people. Our current and future employees enjoy working as part of a team, but are also comfortable assuming a leadership role when required.
We want smart and passionate people, who are not afraid of taking new challenges and that are looking forward to be part of our Support, QA and Documentation Team in Iași, Romania.
XWiki provides wiki-based professional solutions that answer all collaboration needs of organizations and services (development, support, training, consulting and hosting). The XWiki project offers a generic platform for developing collaborative applications using the wiki paradigm. All XWiki software is developed in Java and under the LGPL open source license.
Learn more about working at XWiki by visiting the following link: http://bit.ly/UvbLbH