The Technical Lead / Software Architect is engaged in IT development projects for large and international companies. This person will assume a leading role in implementing modern and complex solutions based on Microsoft technologies and products to successfully address and fulfil customer requirements. In close cooperation with the Project Manager and Solution Architect, the Technical Lead will orchestrate and control the technical aspects of the implementation effort delivered by the near-shore iQuest team. As an important additional focus area the Technical Lead / Software Architect will actively support the MS Solutions Practice Leadership team in strengthening iQuest’s competitive market position with a local presence in the German market.
The Technical Lead / Software Architect will take on the following responsibilities:
* Conceptual and detailed design for state-of-the-art and complex development projects based on Microsoft technologies
* Development of architectural design artefacts for IT solutions addressing customer requirements
* Team lead for development teams covering technical and organisational aspects including the orchestration of the near-shore iQuest team
* Technical leadership for design, development and testing of the implementation effort for mid-sized customer projects or sub-projects on large customer engagements
* Assess and manage functional and non-functional requirements and ensure that they are addressed with the technical solution
* Coaching and guiding colleagues in the progression and development of their personal and technical skills
The ideal candidate must have successfully completed a University degree in Computer Science, natural science or any other comparable education and can offer multiple years of experience in development and delivery of IT systems in the following areas:
* Sound technical knowledge covering a variety of Microsoft products
* Excellent development skills with Microsoft technologies
* Experience in leading a team of developers and providing technical und organisational guidance
* Successfully developed and took ownership of conceptual and logical architecture designs for IT systems
* Familiar with agile software development methodologies (e.g. SCRUM) as well as plan-driven delivery methodologies (e.g. Unified Process or Waterfall)
* Setup of project plans and effort estimation for the delivery of development sub-projects
* Experience in supervising geographically distributed development teams
Personal Skills and Preferences
We want a colleague who can build on the following skills for the role of Technical Lead / Software Architect:
* Flexible self-starter, who enjoys solving problems and technical challenges
* Team player with passion – who understands and respects personal & cultural differences
* Good analytical skills regarding the transfer of business requirements into technical design
* Ability to maintain a healthy and trustful relationship with the customer and external counterparts on projects
* Very good communication and presentation skills
* Languages: fluency in German and very good English (written and oral) skills
* Keen to develop own skills and extending own level of influence
* Is flexible and mobile with willingness to travel and work at client locations (including home office)
iQuest Group is an independent software solutions and services company. Founded in 1998 and headquartered in Germany, iQuest employs more than 500 people and has 8 offices in Europe and the USA, with local teams in Germany and Romania. With a continuous organic growth, leading companies in industries such as life sciences, telecom, logistics and transportation and energy have chosen iQuest as a technology partner to design, implement and run high-tech solutions.
Being part of a well-structured, simplified hierarchy:
* You will be responsible for leading edge technical solutions
* Joining a highly motivated team where you will be offered the chance to work with very satisfied Enterprise customers
* Flexible work locations: client premises, Home office or out of the German iQuest office
You can be part of iQuest’s success story and support the organisation in extending and consistently establishing iQuest’s market position in Germany as well as its business in the European Microsoft technologies market.
Note: ONLY selected candidates will be contacted!
For more than 14 years, iQuest has provided exceptional professional services and delivered an extensive portfolio of customised software solutions to many of Europe’s largest businesses mainly in Germany, Switzerland, the United Kingdom and Scandinavia.
With a winning combination of technical expertise and service excellence, iQuest drives long-term business value for leading companies in a broad range of industries such as telecommunications, life sciences, financial services, logistics and media.
Our highly specialised service offering includes software and product engineering, application lifecycle services, business information management, business process management, e-commerce and software quality assurance and testing. iQuest focuses on providing best-in-class solutions that are cost-effective and help our clients maintain a competitive advantage through technology.
Founded in 1998 and headquartered in Germany, iQuest has 6 European offices with local teams in Germany, Sweden and Romania, currently employing more than 400 people.