This vacancy is for experienced Linux or Networking engineers with a background in supporting critical network infrastructures to join our technical teams providing support to major managed-service clients.
Make Your Next Step
• Offering 4th line support — Investigating and fixing problems escalated from 2nd line and 3rd line support
• Discussing problem resolution with client and internal managers
• Analysing and making changes to infrastructure to improve performance
• Ensuring the correct set-up of monitoring systems
• Maintaining and improving support information and documentation
• Occasional involvement in installation projects (including travel to other countries)
• Mentoring junior technical staff
Match Your Skills
The successful applicant will be highly-technical but a strong team-worker, and have a very good knowledge of Networking or Linux system administration in an environment supporting large numbers of business-critical applications.
The applicant must be able to work calmly under pressure, be quick to learn and have a ‘can do’ attitude, as the ability to learn complex, multi-tier applications without formal training, is a must.
Mandatory skills (one of the following):
• Excellent Linux server administration skills (preferably Centos/RHEL)
• Networking device experience – switching and routing, VPNs
Desirable skills (any of the following):
• Scripting experience (e.g. shell or perl)
• Understanding of TCP/IP networking and diagnosis
• Performance analysis or monitoring
• Storage array technology experience
• Monitoring system experience
• Firewall and load balancer experience
Endava is a well-established IT Services company, with over 600 staff operating from our headquarters in London and offices in the UK (London, Oxford), USA (New York), Romania (Bucharest, Cluj-Napoca, Iasi) and Moldova (Chisinau).
We design, implement and manage business-critical systems and digital services for the financial services, telecommunications, media & entertainment and professional services sectors.
Endava is a fast growing organisation where you will find an international environment and rewarding opportunities. You will be involved in challenging projects for some of the world’s leading companies and use proven technology practice.
We always aim to attract the most talented IT professionals as well as experienced business specialists. We foster an environment of learning and sharing, encouraging our staff to develop relevant skills and increase performance. We value proactive professionals and support them in developing their leadership talent.