Windows Server Administrator is a member of regional EMEA Data Services (server) team, which is responsible for all server related issues (operations, 2nd level support)
The engineer will be working in a group of server experts in other countries so as to cover the required server functionalities in the region.
The key area of responsibility:
- Installation and configuration of Windows server operating systems (2008 and 2012).
- Remote and corporate administration of Windows server operating systems (2008 and 2012).
- Installation and configuration of Windows Server native services like DNS, DHCP, Active directory, DFS, IIS.
- Installation and configuration of VMware operating systems.
- Troubleshoot complex issues on the above mentioned operating systems.
- Installation of related patches and updates to server infrastructures.
- Perform server related regular operational tasks on the infrastructure across the team’s managed locations.
- Create related documentation of the existing and planned environment.
- Maintain existing documentation of the server infrastructures.
- Participate on preparation and evaluation of technical design for new projects and its possible improvements.
- Communicate and cooperating with other IT teams, like customer support, network team, security team, architecture team for to reach common goals.
- Active participation in the capacity planning for the server infrastructure, suggest where required server upgrades and other mitigating steps.
- Review and propose recommendations for to promote effective utilization of the server resources and thus limiting possible server issues.
- Provide the necessary support in implementing Quality standards per Organization strategy.
- Ensure adherence to needed policies, standards, processes and procedures as defined in the team’s scope of work.
- Prepare the required artefacts in a timely manner for to align to processes/procedures as per the team’s scope.
- Have pronounced knowledge of following server technologies, like Microsoft System Center Suite (WSUS, SCCM, SCOM and SCO), Database Management (e.g. SQL), - Backup and Recovery service, Web filtering service, replication service (e.g. DFS), web service, authentication and certification service and scripting (e.g. Powershell).
- Identify process improvement areas.
- Maintain proper inventory for server devices and all required configuration items.
- Participate in backup and restore administration tasks – including active participation in Business Continuity Management activities.
- Participate on periodical review and audits of the server infrastructures.
Improve Customer Satisfaction Index consistently to achieve the Organization targets.
- Ensure all required security requirements are pushed to the needed servers and security related guidelines are strictly observed during the whole management process of the server infrastructures.
- Expert in Windows server operating systems (2008 and 2012)
- Understanding of virtualized solution on VMware and HyperV
- Expert in Active directory, DNS services, DHCP services
- Understanding TCP/IP
- Able to individually solve problems (e.g. troubleshoot some performance issue)
- Ability to deal with stress of competing priorities and diverging interests within the same immediate time frame
- Ability to work in international and cross cultural team and environment
Bring your talent and passion to Accenture – sharpen your skills, build an extraordinary career and play a key role in creating solutions that transform organizations and communities around the world.
We are a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.
We work at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value. With more than 358,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, we drive innovation to improve the way the world works and lives.
We focus equally on employees’ development by creating a culture of excellence and offering extensive training programs that support professional growth.
To find more about Accenture and how you can use and improve your skills visit our careers website http://accenture.ro/cariere and like our Facebook pages https://www.facebook.com/accentureinromania and https://www.facebook.com/Accenture.Industrial.Software.Solutions.Romania.