1. Maintain and monitor the UNIX environment in order to assure the correct functioning of the systems from his area of responsibility;
2. Maintain and monitor the BEA environment in order to assure uninterrupted functioning of the services relying on the BEA environment;
3. Apply the backup policy of the IT servers in order to assure the recovery of these systems in case of a failure of the production system;
4. Monitor daily the UNIX servers, the BEA environment, the backup system and the storage systems for performance, security alerts and capacity planning in order to assure the correct functioning of the critical systems in terms of availability and performance
5. Enforce the security policies of the company into the systems and environments from your area of responsibilities in order to prevent unauthorized access to these platforms, data leakage or loss;
6. Work closely to Data Base Administrators and System Administrators in order to assure maximum availability and functionality of the systems from there are of responsibility;
7. Work in a stand-by schema, during the off-hours, and get into company premises in case it is needed in order to continuously support the UNIX, storage and BEA environments;
8. Facilitate access to technical knowledge/best practices/standards and procedures among the team members in order to improve the work quality of the team;
9. Participate in IT projects as UNIX, storage and BEA administrator in order to assure the proper roll-out of the IT projects.
• University degree (Computer science and/or Informatics);
• 4 - 6 years’ experience in similar position (UNIX Systems Administrator).
• Advanced knowledge of UNIX/Linux systems administration;
• Good knowledge of UNIX clusters technologies (IBM HACMP, HP Service Guard, Solaris Cluster Manager etc);
• Good knowledge of BEA administration;
• Good knowledge of data storage technologies and equipment;
• Good knowledge of backup technologies;
• Very good command of English;
• Enthusiasm, positive attitude;
• verbal and written communication;
• Planning, prioritizing, stress tolerance.
COSMOTE Romania, member of the Greek-based COSMOTE Group, was launched in December 2005 with the purpose of making mobile telephony accessible to all Romanians. COSMOTE Romania is committed to changing the mobile communications landscape for the benefit of the Romanian consumer by offering competitive services at the most affordable and accessible tariffs. Sharing COSMOTE Greece corporate philosophy, COSMOTE Romania brings to the Romanian market the Group s vision, creativity, commitment and customer centric philosophy. COSMOTE today has the widest presence in South Eastern Europe in mobile telephony, offering its customers clear benefits, quality of service and value for money. COSMOTE Romania is committed to bringing the same level of satisfaction and success to the Romanian market. The company s management team consists of highly qualified experts from the mobile telecommunications industry and key executives from Greece and Romania instilling wealth of technical, commercial and brand development knowledge. COSMOTE Romania is one of the most active employers on the market, expanding its team by 50% from 400 in December 2005 to 600 at the end of August 2006. Under the slogan - Together We Grow- , COSMOTE Romania s employee philosophy is focused on combined professional development and company growth, teamwork, innovation and enthusiasm. For more information, please access www.cosmote.ro.