This position plays a key role in the pursuit of new business, understanding the client’s requirements to craft winning and deliverable solutions that are commercially acceptable to the customer. This position is also the key technical interface between bid pursuit, Service architect, service transition and service delivery.
The role holder is responsible for the design of all or part of the technical aspects of client service solution. His scope can change depending on nthe complexity of the deal. For generic and repeatable soltion, he will take the full responsibility. Alternatively he/she contributes to the technical design on larger/more complex deals working under the direction of a lead Technical Architect.
Works in close collaboration with sales, bid management and service delivery, internal and external partners, the role holder will orchestrate and enable deal wins, contributing to smooth service transition and successful handover to the service delivery teams.
Partcipate actively in Technology Certification: He/she will engagethe Implementation and/or 3rd party vendore SME. He/She will work with customer on application testing and sign-off criteria, develop test plan, support rempotely installation of devices & software. He/she will create the technology config and install documents and apply ISD best practise, resources.
Remote Technical architecture will integrate with work stream through deal closure and transition to handover to the service delivery teams. The role holder is accountable for comprehensive, end-to-end technical design for services proposals for low complexity deals. For medium to high complexity he will work with the lead technical architect
- Bid/Sales Support: Supports the presales phase of deal pursuit. Assists with the preparation and delivery of service contract proposals, bids and tenders.
- Technical Design Authority: Takes responsibility for technology priciing and also all the activity related to Bid response. He/she will provide input to technical design as well as to qualification and business approval meetings.
- Due Diligence: May be responsible to lead the technical due diligence phase of bid pursuit and to validate and revise the proposed architecture as necessary.
- Integration: Co-ordinates and engages the supporting shared services (e.g. Global Delivery Centres) and service delivery teams - as well as partner input where relevant - to develop seamless end to end technical architecture for customers.
- Continuous Improvement & Knowledge Sharing: Provides continuous feedback to stakeholders as input for improvements. Shares knowledge with colleagues to make a useful contribution to Xerox knowledge. Updates and improves standard technical architect methodologies based on learning and customer requirements/feedback. Promotes knowledge sharing with other stakeholders
- A proven track record in complex technology based outsourced business, having worked in technical architecting, service delivery management or other IT related business functions
- Sound experience in designing technology based services in response to clients key business drivers
- Proven ability to innovate to provide services that improve clients business performance
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- The ability to analyze issues and to find resolution to problems by using a rational, systematic approach
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Demonstrates a strong team ethic with the ability to build relationships and work effectively in large and small teams.
- Demonstrates creativity and innovation in their work to benefit their customers/end users.
Competency Requirements: One Technical Architect role with three proficiency levels: Practitioner, Proficient and Mastery. Career progression within role is defined by SFIA competencies and validated by experience.
With sales approaching $23 billion, Xerox (NYSE: XRX) is the world’s leading enterprise for business process and document management. Its technology, expertise and services enable workplaces – from small businesses to large global enterprises – to simplify the way work gets done so they operate more effectively and focus more on what matters most: their real business. Headquartered in Norwalk, Conn., Xerox offers business process outsourcing and IT outsourcing services, including data processing, healthcare solutions, HR benefits management, finance support, transportation solutions, and customer relationship management services for commercial and government organizations worldwide. The company also provides extensive leading-edge document technology, services, software and genuine Xerox supplies for graphic communication and office printing environments of any size. The 140,000 people of Xerox serve clients in more than 160 countries.