The Linux Administrator is responsible for developing and maintaining Linux deployment standards, maintaining existing systems and implementing new technologies.
Detailed responsibilities include:
- Managing a complex network infrastructure
- Monitoring the network communication and taking ownership of issues from identification through resolution
- 24/7 First-response to alerts due to network/system/application issues
- Problem diagnosis and resolution of issues in Systems, Network and the Application environments
- Monitoring and improving the stability, security and performance of the system
- Installation and configuration of operating systems and software products according to pre-defined system configuration and hardening standards
- Assisting with internal and external Web development efforts
- Design, develop, document, troubleshoot, and maintain programs for systems and application
- Realizing general systems maintenance tasks such as daily review of logs and alerts, managing resource usage, troubleshooting routine automated maintenance and backup processes, applying patches, etc
- Over 5 years of system administration experience in Linux environments
- Bachelor’s degree with a technical major, such as engineering or computer science, is preferred
- Experience with high availability clusters such as Haproxy, Keepalived or alternatives
- Good knowledge of Nginx and NFS
- Familiarity with web-technologies such as PHP-FPM 5.3/ 5.4, Magento
- General knowledge of C++ programming and Bash scripting
- Very good understanding of MySQL database replication using Percona/ MariaDB 5.5 (Master-Master and Master-Slave)
- Experience with remote system monitoring tools (Nagios, Cacti) and backup systems
- Knowledge of cryptography full system encryption and virtualization is a strong advantage
- Demonstrating the ability to diagnose complex application issues and provide quick and accurate solutions
- Proven ability to multi-task
- Independent, self-starter, with the ability to act under pressure
- Ability to effectively communicate in a professional and courteous manner with technical and non-technical personnel
- Proficient in English
- Attractive salary package
- Challenging and interesting projects
- Access to an extensive area of IT technologies
- Competitive and dynamic professional team
- Fun, flexible and relaxed work environment
Traffic Empire is an end-to-end marketing company that provides an expert level of marketing services for companies in all the corners of the world.
The company is a partnership with US marketing experts and has the support of a strong investor that owns several e-commerce websites around the world, from China to Europe, North America and beyond.
Our US partners have over 10 years of e-commerce experience and a global network of partners, including some of the biggest brands in digital media. With the support of our US partners we have the power to create and develop a team very well positioned to provide excellent marketing services for companies of all types.
We are thrilled to announce the opening of our first location in Bucharest, Romania. Bucharest is a city we've had a great deal of experience doing business in. The future most certainly looks bright for us in the Romanian capital and we look forward to providing marketing services in the region and beyond.