The role of the Level 2 Controller is to issue an opinion on the actual implementation of level 1 controls and on the quality of both their execution and the monitoring of anomalies and to assess the design and the relevance of the controls, particularly in terms of risk prevention.
Your Role in a Nutshell:
• Review the implementation of the level 1 control system: Level 2 Controller has to ensure the reliability of the existing level 1 control system to cover major risks, issues or impact to regulatory filings as well as to ensure the coherence of key controls deployment in order to determine major risks and/or activities not covered by key controls;
• Check the Level 1 controls by reviewing control design and control performance, either on the basis of supporting documents available in managerial supervision control tool or by re-performing the control (testing);
• Request evidence of level 1 controls, including segregation of duties, management monitoring and oversight, and other critical controls, level 1 controls’ chain from the beginning to the end of the process; request information about documented policies and procedure; inspect specific documents and observe application of specific controls;
• Independently assess and understand the regulatory requirements across various reports (e.g. Liquidity, FINREP) to facilitate the review of information flows and IT cartography to identify potential breaks in the regulatory reporting process;
• Independently assess and review the financial risks of entities analyzed (financial statements analysis, analytical review, KPIs, sample testing);
• Report results and follow up of level 2 proposals for improvement.
A little about You:
• Economical studies;
• Previous experience in regulatory reporting field, qualifying experience in financial audit/accounting with a focus on internal controls, preferably in regulatory/financial services/banking;
• ACCA member/student or similar certification;
• A very good level of English is mandatory, French is an advantage.
We also value:
• Good communication skills;
• Great analytical skills;
• Results oriented, high flexibility and work autonomy;
• Decision making and problem solving skills.
Besides a career what else we offer:
• Competitive remuneration based on qualifications and seniority;
• Yearly bonus per company policy;
• Discounts for retailers;
• Medical services and life insurance;
• Private pension contribution;
• A modern working environment: open, informal, fun atmosphere;
• Continuous training and development programs;
• Work from Home 1 day/week.
Societe Generale European Business Services was founded in 2011 to be the shared service center for Societe Generale Group and delivers high added value services in various fields of activity for worldwide entities of the Group (finance/ accounting, procurement, human resources and IT).
SG EBS’ activity has grown substantially over the past years; from only one SSC (shared service centre) specialized in Finance in, the company developed into a comprehensive one providing a wide range of activity: Finance, HR, IT and the latest line centered on operation and other corporate functions such as KYC or back offices.
In, SSC HR was launched to complete the SG EBS services portfolio in Human Resources. In, the launch of SSC IT helped SG Group to extend its IT operations in Eastern Europe. Not only has it increased its role in SG Group's activity around the world, but it helped to complete the portfolio of delivered services.
Now, SG EBS is a shared service centre for many entities of the Group, serving all the major business lines of SG Group in 35 countries.
Societe Generale is leveraging more and more on its shared service centers, as part of the Group's transformation strategy worldwide so, SG EBS has made the decision to open a fourth new line of activities, Corporate and Operations, in order to deliver services for the head office in Paris and other European entities also.
Societe Generale European Business Services is about performance, innovation, about people, the best people.