1. Installs, administers, develops and maintains all the IT Oracle and MS SQL databases in order to assure increased performance and availability of these databases;
2. Defines, implements and updates the backup policy for the IT databases in order to assure the recovery in case of a failure on one of these databases;
3. Cooperates with UNIX Administrators and System Administrators in order to assure maximum availability and functionality of the systems from their area of responsibility;
4. Monitors daily all IT databases for performance, security alerts and capacity planning in order to assure the correct functioning of the critical systems in terms of availability and performance;
5. Enforces the security policy of the company in all IT databases in order to prevent unauthorized access to these platforms, data leakage or loss;
6. Works in a standby schema, during the off-hours, and gets into company premises in case it is needed in order to continuously support all the IT Oracle and MS SQL databases;
7. Participates in IT projects as database administrator in order to assure the proper rollout of the IT projects.
• University degree (Computer science and/or Informatics)
• At least 2 years experience in a similar position (Database Administrator)
• Knowledge of Oracle 8.*, 9.*, 10, 11 - advanced;
• Knowledge of MS SQL 2000/2005/2008/2012 administration - medium;
• English language (technical vocabulary is a plus) - advanced.
• Positive attitude;
• Verbal and written communication;
• Planning, prioritizing;
• Stress tolerance.
COSMOTE Romania, member of the Greek-based COSMOTE Group, was launched in December 2005 with the purpose of making mobile telephony accessible to all Romanians. COSMOTE Romania is committed to changing the mobile communications landscape for the benefit of the Romanian consumer by offering competitive services at the most affordable and accessible tariffs. Sharing COSMOTE Greece corporate philosophy, COSMOTE Romania brings to the Romanian market the Group s vision, creativity, commitment and customer centric philosophy. COSMOTE today has the widest presence in South Eastern Europe in mobile telephony, offering its customers clear benefits, quality of service and value for money. COSMOTE Romania is committed to bringing the same level of satisfaction and success to the Romanian market. The company s management team consists of highly qualified experts from the mobile telecommunications industry and key executives from Greece and Romania instilling wealth of technical, commercial and brand development knowledge. COSMOTE Romania is one of the most active employers on the market, expanding its team by 50% from 400 in December 2005 to 600 at the end of August 2006. Under the slogan - Together We Grow- , COSMOTE Romania s employee philosophy is focused on combined professional development and company growth, teamwork, innovation and enthusiasm. For more information, please access www.cosmote.ro.