- Learn and respect the artistic direction established (references, documents, etc.)
- Plan, with the immediate supervisor, the textures to be created
- Create textures of objects and environments choosing the quality to achieve versus the importance in the game and technical constraints
- Verify the quality of textures once imported into the game, and make improvements when necessary
- Correct the bugs identified by the testers
- Good knowledge of Photoshop
- Recommendable knowledge of the technical constraints linked to real time and 3D engines
- Good knowledge of English
- Good notion of proportions and an eye for the detail
- 1 to 3 years experience as a video game texture artist or other equivalent (an asset)
Professional and international working environment
Fitness and relaxation area
Ubisoft is one of the leading publishers of game software worldwide.
The industry definition of publisher includes three core activities: development (i.e. the creation of game software), publishing (i.e. the acquisition of rights to games and of external licenses as well as product marketing) and distribution (i.e. the physical delivery of the final product to all types of retailers).
Since it was founded in 1986, Ubisoft has gradually and successfully integrated these three core activities. The company now has development teams of exceptional quality, acknowledged expertise in marketing and global distribution channels, with offices in 22 different countries.
Around 2.000 employees all work toward a common goal: the creation of high-quality games for a growing and increasingly demanding audience of gamers.