For our client, we are looking a G&G : Petroleum Systems Specialist - for Saudi Arabia
The applicant should have M.Sc. or higher with at least 15 years of relevant oil and gas industry experience and be able to integrate data from multiple geoscience and petroleum engineering specialties. An advanced understanding of geochemistry and basin modeling/analyses are required along with experience evaluating hydrocarbon generation, migration, accumulation, and preservation in conventional and unconventional systems to assist in exploration efforts. Applicant will be required to work closely with sedimentology experts and regional geology and geophysical personnel to evaluate reservoir, seal, and trap potential in developmental areas. Mentorship of younger and more inexperienced team members is a critical part of the role in addition to technical contributions. Database review and management recommendations may also be required in addition to data gap review and analysis recommendations (i.e. geochemical, special core analyses, etc.)
Skills and Experience:
• A geochemistry or petroleum systems PhD, specialist MSc or equivalent post-graduate qualification in geoscience, geochemistry or petroleum systems analysis. Sufficient directly relevant applied industry experience is an acceptable substitute for a PHD.
• Experience in using Petromod, Zetaware (Genesis & Trinity). Petrel or Decision space proficiency is a plus.
• Experience of working in different geological settings - clastics, carbonates, passive margins, tectonically complex.
• Experience in unconventional exploration is preferred;
• A track record of broad-based expertise in all aspects of petroleum systems analysis and will be able to characterize petroleum systems at all scales from frontier basins to appraisal and field development;
• A detailed understanding of heat flow processes and controls through time; assessment of source rock distribution, quantity and quality; kerogen type variability and its control on petroleum generation, expulsion and fluid composition; migration and entrapment of petroleum in the subsurface; pore pressure prediction
• Excellent written, verbal, visual/presentation communication skills and able to work effectively across different cultures;
• Highly collaborative - shares knowledge
• Proven skills in time and project management; able to manage multiple projects concurrently;
• Asset based experience is advantageous, understands role and impact of the expertise and discipline within the wider business context
Working schedule : 7:00 AM-4:00 PM, 5 working days\week (Sunday- Thursday), average of 20-21 days\month. (office work, continues work no rotations)
1 year contract plus extension based on employee performance + accommodation + office car + medical insurance + yearly ticket (Economy class once per year) - all traveling and visa expenses are covered.
IT and Engineering Recruiting Specialist
IRS International Recruitment Services is a leading IT and Engineering staffing solution specialist, dedicated to connecting IT & Engineering professionals from all over the world to projects and positions within Europe and across the Middle East. With offices in Europe, the Middle East and Asia, IRS provides recruitment services to a variety of companies ranging from multi-national corporations to small and medium size companies alike.
Specializing in the delivery of talented professionals for short and long term project based contracts, permanent and temporary positions as well as fixed term employment contracts.