Imagine you work for a young at heart software development company. As a member of our Infrastructure Services Team in Bucharest, you will be responsible for our Cloud, Services and Infrastructure at different international locations. Besides your main mission - Keep the systems running! Keep the users happy! Keep improving the services! You will be involved into strategic planning and implementation of our global Server- Visualization- Storage- and Cloud infrastructure.
For our Infrastructure team, we need you, a Senior System Administrator that can help us bringing our applications to the next level, in regards of automation, cloud and high availability.
• Starting from day one you will familiarize yourself with the infrastructure services within the "Cloud, Services & Infrastructure" department.
• Within the first 3 months you will create several OS templates in our cloud services. You will keep them up to date after important security patches, provide support for other DevOps in AWS, secure and harden the OS templates. All with the help of your team and your technical know-how.
• In addition, within the first 6 months you will help your team, but also the other infrastructure services teams to get an even stronger footprint in the cloud services with the help of standards and procedures.
• A year in the job, you have successfully set the cloud standards in the whole department and helped with your deep know-how in cloud and Linux technologies to migrate legacy services into the cloud.
Keys to hiring:
• Advanced Linux operating system knowledge (previous working experience with Ubuntu / Debian and Gentoo is a plus)
• Working experience with an automation language (ex. Salt, Puppet) • Working experience with at least one scripting language beside bash (ex. python, perl)
• Working experience with cloud and virtualization platforms (Amazon AWS, VMware, XEN)
• An advanced understanding of security concepts
• An advanced knowledge of clustering concepts. Previous working experience with HighAvailability web applications is a plus. • Understanding of fundamental networking concepts (ex. network redundancy, debugging at ethernet level)
• Fluent English (verbal and written)
• 3-5 years working experience as a System Administrator
Nice to have:
• Windows Server environments experience (Active Directory, Exchange)
• Software / Backend development experience
• Working experience with HP / Juniper network devices • Experience to work with the Atlassian toolset (Confluence, Jira, HipChat) • ITIL certification
Located in Bucharest - Romania, Avira was founded in 2004 by a dynamic core of security experts who is committed to the following values: security ethics, professional attitude, open spirit, pride and respect. These principles are meant to stand at the base of any long term
collaboration and partnership that Avira Soft will undertake.
Avira Soft gathered a team of more than 50 dynamic professionals who are permanently collaborating with the experimented specialists of Avira GmbH , Germany. We are a dynamic and creative team and our purpose is to produce high quality software.
We also impose some requirements for our candidates: creativity, technical knowledge, team working capabilities and the ability to finish the job on time.